- Looks just like an ice cream cone
- Doesn’t melt and drip like ice cream does
- Is full of fruit, protein and calcium (6 grams of protein and 10% daily calcium)
- Has very little sugar (when compared to ice cream)
- Kids can make it themselves
- Fresh strawberries and other fruit. I used bananas, which combine particularly well with strawberries.
- chocolate chips or drops (entirely optional)
- chopped nuts (also optional)
- shredded coconut (again, optional)
- 1 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar or sugar or 2 teaspoons stevia*
- ice cream cones
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine washed strawberries (cut into small pieces) and other fruit (cut into similar sized pieces) with chocolate chips, chopped nuts and/or shredded coconut.
- In another bowl gently combine the ricotta cheese with sweetener. Do not over stir.
- Assemble the cones: fill cone to just below the top with fruit mixture, place an ice cream scoop-sized spoonful of the ricotta mixture on top, finish with sliced strawberries.
- Sit back and enjoy while you welcome the arrival of summer, festively and healthfully.
* Stevia is a natural sweetener, many times sweeter than sugar, but with zero calories and a negligible effect on blood sugar, making it an excellent choice for weight loss, diabetes prevention and control, and low carbohydrate diets.