With the warmest wishes for a phenomenally healthy and wonderously happy New Year, we’re kicking off the new year with
11 simple steps for a healthier & happier 2011.
Numerologists say 11 is a gateway number, an opening in time inviting new beginnings. In that spirit, I’ll be posting a new year’s health tip once a day for the coming 11 days.
Treat yourself to clean water every day.
- Water is absolutely essential to the human body’s survival, which consists of about 70% water. A person can live for about a month without food, but less than a week without water.
- Water helps to maintain healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.
- Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.
- Drinking adequate amounts of water can decrease the risk of certain types of cancers, including colon cancer, bladder cancer, and breast cancer.
- For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
- Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.
- Water can prevent and alleviate headaches.
- Water naturally moisturizes skin and ensures proper cellular formation underneath layers of skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance.
- Water aids in the digestion process and prevents constipation.
- Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.
– from http://www.allaboutwater.org