Soup’s on! Thanks to a fabulous new online farmers market, The Farmstand Coop, and the kind encouragement of the market director, I have started offering a weekly vegetarian soup. It’s prepared fresh in “Mama D’s Kitchen” from the highest quality local and organic ingredients on market day, and served in reusable glass jars (because I know you don’t want troublesome BPAs in your food). Most ingredients are grown by Dave at Stonyloam Farm, Pete at Pete’s Greens, one of the many farmers at The Farmstand Coop, or by me in my garden.
Order anytime before midnight on Wednesdays, for pickup on Thursdays at any of three pick-up places in Charlotte and Shelburne, Vermont.
A sampling of soups offered:
- Creamy Potato-Leek with Celeriac and Kale Ribbons
- Hardy Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup (pictured above)
- Squash-Apple Bisque (pictured above)
- Market Day Chowder with Spaghetti Squash
- Potato-Kale Soup: An “Eat More Kale” Special
- Curried Roots Soup
- Three Squash Bisque with Caramelized Pear
- Local Bean Chili (offered with handmade corn tortillas)
- Cleansing Vegetable Miso with Tofu
- Red Velvet Borscht
- Tunisian Pumpkin
- “Green Dream” Creamy Cabbage (pictured above)
Delicious and nutritious food from here.